viewmail-info

Re: [VM] a question before i download 8.2.x

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] a question before i download 8.2.x
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:06:42 +0100

On 5/18/2011 11:08 AM, Giacomo Boffi wrote:
does the new release support building an XEmacs package from sources?

This is part of what I was intending to write about the XEmacs support. Packages like VM have "upstream" developers, like me, and "downstream" maintainers who take responsibility for maintaining the packages for various platforms. Rob F apparently used to be the downstream maintainer of the VM package for XEmacs (as well as being the upstream developer). At present, we don't have an active downstream maintainer for XEmacs. I would like to encourage somebody from the XEmacs user base to take up the task.

There is an `xemacs-package' target in the Makefile of VM (as I inherited it from Rob F). However, it is incomplete because the Makefile of the src/ directory is missing its bits. If somebody can fill in these missing bits, I will be happy to add it to the distribution.

Cheers,
Uday