viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Only ellipsis ("...") in Folder presenstation

From: bon
Subject: Re: [VM] Only ellipsis ("...") in Folder presenstation
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:25:16 +0200

    Uday> address@hidden writes:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I sort incoming mail with procmail and all mailing list mail is
    >> sorted to some extra mail folder. To read this folder, I rename it,
    >> as new mail may arrive while reading the folder. This was a working
    >> procedure for a long time. I work on Linux/Opensuse on
    >> 64-bit. Upgrade to Opensuse 12.3 now uses emacs "24.2.1" and
    >> "7.19". Now reading through the procmail sorted folder for a lot of
    >> messages only a ellipsis (three dots or "...") is displayed. I looked
    >> after special features in those mails, but couldn't decipher
    >> one. Also a look for "..." and ellipsis in the sources didn't give me
    >> a clue. My ~/.vm disn't change with the upgrade.

    Uday> Can you clarify where you see the ellipses?  Headers or body?

It's displayed in the body.

    Uday> For all messages or only a few?

Only some messages.

    Uday> Are the ellipses in the mail file (when you visit it as a text
    Uday> file), or are they being generated by VM?  (Since saving them into
    Uday> another folder removes the ellipses, I presume that the messages
    Uday> themselves are ok.)

The ellipsis are generated by emacs/vm.

    Uday> I personally don't know of any situation where VM displays
    Uday> ellipses.  It is possible that you are using some add-ons that
    Uday> might be generating them.  Please test it after turning off or
    Uday> disabling all the add-ons.

I strippped down my .emacs to the bare minimum for run vm. The behaviour
persists. I have appended a screenshot of the displayed ellipsis and an
offending mail folder. Can anybody test if the error is repeatable on other
systems?

Thanks
--
Uwe Bonnes                address@hidden

[ATTACHMENT /tmp/lists.org.gz, application/octet-stream]
[ATTACHMENT /tmp/ellipsis.jpg.gz, application/octet-stream]