viewmail-info

[VM] IMAP protocol error on save after get

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [VM] IMAP protocol error on save after get
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 20:18:46 +0100

I'm running with a recent build from the emacs devel trunk and since
I've swapped to this version I'm consistently seeing this error:

vm-imap-protocol-error: IMAP protocol error: "No response from the IMAP server"

this happens (with an imap folder) if I do a get ('g') followed
immediately by a save ('S'). If I then save again it works, so it's a
minor inconvenience rather than a real problem. Is there something
fragile in folder saving that's likely to be generating this error or is
it more likely to be an core emacs issue? They are in the midst of the
latest pretest which will hopefully be the last before the next release:
has anyone built from that who is also seeing this error?

I haven't seen this problem at all before my move to this emacs build.

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/