Re: [vile] How to get rid of "input method doesn't support my preedit ty

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] How to get rid of "input method doesn't support my preedit type"?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:15:19 +0000

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 05:40:18AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Chris Green wrote:
>
> >I know the message "input method doesn't support my preedit type" is
> >essentially harmless but it's still annoying to see it every time I
> >start up xvile.  Is there any way I can tune things to get rid of it?
>
> That's coming from the x11.c file in this chunk at line 6849:
>
>     if (found == 0) {
>       fprintf(stderr, "input method doesn't support my preedit type\n");
>       XCloseIM(xim);
>       return;
>     }
>
> Just removing the fprintf shouldn't break anything.  Without recompiling,
> you could simply redirect stderr to /dev/null, e.g., with a shell script.

OK, thanks, I don't think it's worth the effort of a recompile just at
the moment (I may well be moving sysytems soon anyway).  However I
already have a wrapper script that I use to run xvile so the redirect
to /dev/null should be easy.

--
Chris Green (address@hidden)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."