Re: [vile] vile-9.7q.patch.gz

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.7q.patch.gz
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:18:24 -0400

On Wed, 27 May 2009 07:05:29 -0400 (EDT)
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 2009, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

> > Yes, well.  It seems my shell sets umask 002 if the system has
> > user privacy groups, as is the default on Debian system at least.
>
> There's probably some quick way to check for this configuration.
> Offhand I can only recall the call for obtaining the list of a user's
> groups (which doesn't seem pertinent).

This is same issue I sent the pseudo-code for:
add a 'strict_modes' to reject writeable groups,
otherwise only reject world-writeable files.

--
Steven Lembark                                            85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                                 Woodhaven, NY, 11421