Re: [vile] Vile console glitches

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Vile console glitches
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:03:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:48:54 -0500
Brendan MacDonell <address@hidden> wrote:

2. SIGWINCH seems to be handled improperly no matter the controlling
terminal, which results in numerical garbage trailing behind the
cursor across the display. Again, xvile's behavior when resizing
remains correct.

This problem was recently reported under FreeBSD.  It turned out to be
a bug in ncurses.  Sorry, I don't remember exactly which version, but
you might want to check whether there's an update available.

hmm (I recall problems with ifdef'ing SIGWINCH in Mac OS X, but don't
recall any recent problem with FreeBSD). At the moment I'm on Debian/testing, using current ncurses...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net