Re: [vile] Cannot ':q"uit out of Windows7

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Cannot ':q"uit out of Windows7
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:31:04 -0500

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 01:55:12PM -0500, Stefan Caunter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Gary Jennejohn
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I tried the 9.7z 32-bit winvile under Windows 7 RC running in VirtualBox
> > under FreeBSD and :q works fine.
>
> I'm probably just using the vile97w32 from the home page; don't know
> if that is the same.

no - that's the _release_ (it has a vile.exe and winvile.exe), which
is more than 2 years old.

I have an installer for _current_ winvile also on the page.

However, your report sounded like you were closing cmd.exe and then
attempting to exit from vile.exe - very different from running winvile.exe

vile.exe does open some console-window resources to run, and I'm guessing
that cmd.exe is clobbering some part of that before you try to tell vile.exe
to exit.  (In that case, you still should be able to hit it with the task
manager).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net