Re: [vile] Minor X resources problem with xvile menu

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] Minor X resources problem with xvile menu
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:17:02 +0100

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:12:23PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to change the xvile menu colours with X
> resources.  Everything else in my xvile resources file works but the
> menu colours stay obstinately at white on black.
>
> I have:-

>     ..
>     ..
>     XVile.foreground: black
>     XVile.background: grey90
>
>     XVile.menuBackground: grey80
>     XVile.menuForeground: yellow
>
>     XVile.selection.background: green4
>     XVile.selection.foreground: white
>
>     XVile.cursor.background: blue
>     XVile.cursor.foreground: grey90
>     ..
>
> (I just changed it to yellow to see if it did anything, it didn't)
>
> I'm pretty sure this was working on the previous build (which was 9.8f
> without perl), I'm now on 9.8g with perl.  In fact, yes it was working
> with 9.8f as I still have a 9.8f copy running and the menu is grey
> background and black foreground.

Well it *was* working with 9.8f but if I run that version now (I found a
copy in my daily backups) I get the black menu background with white
text so it's something to do with what the new 9.8g build has installed.

The 9.8f with grey menu was one that I had left running from before
doing the 9.8g build.

--
Chris Green