Re: [vile] 9.8h and +'command' or -c 'command'

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] 9.8h and +'command' or -c 'command'
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:12:52 -0400

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 04:59:21PM -0400, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> When starting vile from mutt my muttrc file passes this option to vile
> to force it into mailmode.
>
> +"set-mode mailmode"
>
> When I attempt this with 9.8h I get the following startup error:
>
> [Reading /usr/local/share/vile/.vilerc]
> [Read 151 lines from "/usr/local/share/vile/.vilerc"  (read-only)]
> [Reading /usr/local/share/vile/filters.rc]
> [Reading /usr/local/share/vile/modes.rc]
> [Reading /usr/local/share/vile/palettes.rc]
> [Improper line range 'set-mode mailmode']
>
> I upgraded from 9.8f so I don't know if g exhibited the same behavior.
>
> Am I doing something wrong that just hasn't been caught until now?
> mailmode is properly activated on previous versions. This doesn't just
> happen for mailmode, it happens for pretty much anything that is passed.

perhaps this change needs more work:

 20120807 (h)
        + modify initialization of [vileinit] to quote parameters passed from
          the command-line, e.g., for the "-s" option so that embedded blanks
          are retained (report by Greg McFarlane, Savannah #36801).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net