Re: [vile] Switch for handling of whitespace on J

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: Re: [vile] Switch for handling of whitespace on J
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 14:00:09 +0000

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:10:47 -0400
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

> spaces-after-sentence

Example: Let's say I'm editing some Perl code. I start
to combine the lines:

    frobnicate
    (
        foo =>
        [
            qw
            (
                bar
                bletch
                blort
            )
        ]
    )

A sequence of J's gets me:

    frobnicate ( foo => [ qw ( bar bletch blort) ])

Notice the presence of spaces after "frobnicate", the open
parens, foo, and the first open paren, but not after "blort"
or the close brace.

This eventually ends up as

    frobnicate( foo => [ qw ( bar bletch blort ) ] )

This is a pain since I have to hack the whitespace every
time I join the lines.

If the un-modified result were:

    frobnicate ( foo => [ qw ( bar bletch blort ) ] )

then fine, I'll delete one piece of whitespace.

thanx
--
Steven Lembark                                             3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing                                   St Louis, MO 63110