[vile] When using vileget a vile:dos isn't noticed

From: Chris Green
Subject: [vile] When using vileget a vile:dos isn't noticed
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 14:49:36 +0000

Not a huge issue, but....

I have some source files from the MS windows world that have CRLF line
line endings.  I have added:-

    // vile:dos

to the file so that [x]vile automatically starts in dos mode and I don't
have to deal with it manually.

However when I open the files using vileget the vile:dos doesn't get
acted on.

It's specifically as follows:-

    If I "xvile commands.c" it comes up with [cmode crlf] on the status
    line and displays correctly.  The buffer has dos and recordseparator=crlf.

    If I "xvile somethingElse" and then "vileget commands.c" the buffer
    settings don't have either dos or recordseparator set.  The status
    line has just [cmode].

A ":setl dos" gets me where I want of course so it's not a big issue.

--
Chris Green