[vile] [Too many levels of files]

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: [vile] [Too many levels of files]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 13:37:01 -0400

When running vile on OpenBSD is seems there is something that is
triggering the message [Too many levels of files] to appear in the
status line at the bottom.

I typically run vile on Linux (primarily), HP-UX and recently
OpenBSD. I only ever see this message on OpenBSD and it seems to be
triggered by some key sequence but I can't for the life of me figure
out what is causing it.

I can hit escape while it's displayed which causes [Aborted] to appear
in the status line but after a second [Too many levels of files]
reappears.

Once the message appears the editor session is useless. I can usually do
exit with ':q' but sometimes it requires a kill.

Thanks,
Wayne