vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Linux Virtual Server

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Linux Virtual Server
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:40:25 +0000

On Monday 11 March 2002 21:35, Bill Lance wrote:

> Hum .. that is interesting.  Anything of use for us?

Don't know.  Its set the cogs whirring though.

> Sorry I've been quiet lately.  I've had the bug and
> been sleeping a lot.

:o*

I've got a dealine on Friday, so I've been manic for
a fortnight!

Plus I found a real nasty bug in GW where it could queue
a message indefinately and never deliver it.  Thankfully
it can only happen with internal administrative messages
in one very special case, which is why it's never been
spotted.  The administrative rewite (which ended up being
FAR more than I thought!) changed some of the data flow
and uncovered the 'feature'.  I've got a fix now.

I'll be able to release GW soon (at least for you to
have a look at and try some stuff in Perl).  There'll
be no network support at all in it though..... I keep
having "Really Good Ideas (tm)" which stops me
launching headlong into it.... lots of up-front design
work going on....

Hope you're well.
Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.