vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] More info

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] More info
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:58:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Open Source <address@hidden> wrote:
> What would like me to do?

Glad to have you join us.  Well, of course, you
ultimately do what your are interrested in doing :)

but ..

As mentioned, we are in the design development stage.
We have a specific objective that I hope is clearly
defined.  And we are engineering the specifications by
refining the system logic from the top down, drilling
into greater levels of detail.

The docs at the home page is a continuosly developing
draft of this work.

I have been doing most of the writing, with feedback
from Chris Smith.

By the way .. Morphius, meet Chris

Chris .. Morphius   :)

Chris is also working on the GoldWater infrastructure
that is targeted for use in this project.

>From the project's side of things, the biggest blank
territory right now is how the 'Service Manager
Framework' is going to work.  This is the element that
actually does the purposful work of the VRS.  It
fulfills Net services requests.  Which services it can
fulfill depends on what service modules we can
implement withing the Framework.

The two best example we've considered so far are
Apache and Pnet.  Apache will obviously provide a
static http service.  And Pnet offers the promise of
encapsulated Remote Procedure Calls using the ILC
spec.  There are other possibilities, however.

The trick is that these modules must be handled within
the LDS sandbox.

Any ideas or interest you may have in this area, or
any other in the overall design would be most welcome.