vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] on a freestanding LDS

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] on a freestanding LDS
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:05:25 -0800 (PST)

--- Seth Johnson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> How relevant is this right now?  A lot, but not
> really in
> any technical sense right now.  I just think it's
> important
> to put this idea out early on, so it might inform
> people's
> understanding.

Thanks for your comments, Seth.  I think you are right
in every point you made.  Basically, what it all
points to is the fact the GPL software must provide
true value to people.  It must be able to solve more
problems than it creates.  If we can continue to do
that, then we can rely on people to use it.  We just
have to work to make sure that it's available, and the
people know about the option.