vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater Beta Release 0.2.4

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater Beta Release 0.2.4
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:03:12 +0000

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 14:28, Bill Lance wrote:
> I got everything downloaded and I'm getting it
> installed.  Tomorrow. I should have the time to
> connect with you on IRC and get it working.

Excellent.  I'm even writing documentation !
At least enough to explain how you configure the thing.
The perl modules could really do with some POD stuff...

> I'm looking forward to seeing this in action  :)

It'll be interesting to see what you make of it, and
see if it is easy enough to get ones head around all
the concepts.  Plus someone gets to review the docs
and start to develop with it - which'll hopefully
uncover the bugs that I've just put in!!!!!

The example client and server code in C and Perl
does nothing but takes an input string, sends it
to a GWService which upper cases it and returns
the new string as a reply.

Nothing exciting at all, but you can at least have
a look at the perl api (which is LIMITED at the moment,
sorry..) and get to grips with configuring Goldwater
and playing with the admin/management tool.

[Its been a struggle the last few months as Goldwater has
 gone through a SIDEWARDS move, not really forwards.
 But I needed to rationalise the architecture and remove
 the dependancy on Phoenix before I could take it forward
 - and now I can.  So thats good. ]

I'm out of the office 1300-1530, 1800+ GMT on Wednesday.

--
Chris