vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] VRS Development Idea

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] VRS Development Idea
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:29:54 +0000

On Friday 22 March 2002 17:36, ashish mohole wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Seems like a plan..
>
> Will you please send me some pointers to Goldwater..I checked the white
> paper which was online but it was a bit vague ..if possible if you can send
> me the interfaces for the modules then that would be great!

Did you look at

http://www.nfluid.com/goldwater  ???

There's a lot of stuff on there.
Some of it is (admittedly) marketing hype as it promotes features that are
'not there yet'.  It was a case of if one of my clients wanted some of the
obscure ones, I would develop the modules for Goldwater.  Too much to do
basically if you're not getting paid for it!

Anyway, feel free to download and install goldwater.
I'm putting together a 'get me started' document this weekend.
Bill has got Goldwater up and running and had a walkthrough over IRC and will
be having a play.

Bill:  You didn't happen to log the IRC session did you?? If you did, it
would be useful as a stop gap - can you email it to me and I'll edit out the
crap?? Ta.

GOLDWATER IS CURRENTLY MISSING NETWORK/DOMAIN SUPPORT DUE TO EXTENSIVE REWORK.
This is not needed initially with the LDS/VRS, but is needed for real CM
support - which is why I suggested leading the CM sub-project as I can put
the network stuff back in as we flesh out the CM so the network support is at
least there before the CM needs it.

Chris.

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.