vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] the project

From: Tim Terlegård
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] the project
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:46:17 +0100

> > Globus.org - it seems (I took a brief look at their
> > website) like they
> > develop something similar to VRS, am I right?
>
> Globus is far more generalized than the VRS.

Building web services on top of Globus, wouldn't one have VRS then? In what
aspects doesn't Globus fit?

> Grids are an interesting idea, and have a really
> useful function.  But there are things it's not suited
> for, as in any technical solution.

I'm no grid guru. Could you briefly explain why SEE/DEE or VRS doesn't suit
as a grid? As I understand it, a grid is just a p2p network for distributing
power and increasing fault tolerance. I guess there's quite more to it...

-- Tim