vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] VRS and SEE/DEE goals

From: Tim Terlegård
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] VRS and SEE/DEE goals
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:35:04 +0100

> > > Any code deployed into the VRS will run on *any* LDS.
> >
> > What do you mean by "deploying code into a VRS"?
>
> An LDS makes a service available.  When it does that the code that makes up
> the service is sliced up and shared out and mirrored among the other LDS's
> in the VRS cluster.  Thus the code/service/whatever has been deployed into
> the VRS.

A very long hmmmmmmm  :-)

Are you saying that _all_ services will reside on _every_ LDS? As soon as a
service is added to an LDS, it will spread and be stored on every other LDS
in the VRS? This sounds very... different  :-)

I see the point of making every damn service available no matter how many LDS
shuts down, but I thought the idea was to have complete control of your data,
to provide services only on your own LDS.

-- Tim