web-hurd

Re: [Web-hurd] gnu hurd webpages

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Web-hurd] gnu hurd webpages
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 23:34:22 -0700

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:50:45PM -0700, Jim Franklin wrote:

>  congrads on getting the gnu hurd webpages for renovation.  If there is
>anything I can do to be of assistance let me know.  I was thinking of
>checking into building a basic search engine for the hurd archives and
>associated hurd websites.  What are your
> thoughts on the matter.

Thanks, Jim.  One of the nice advantages to this is that we have access
to the tools that are on the rest of the site.  I've gotten permission to
create you an account on the site.  There's some style guidelines which
we should try to follow (They're generally willing to discuss deviations,
and will frequently update their style guides if we give a better practice).
For the search thing, do you mind emailing address@hidden and telling
them what you're thinking?  If we have something already, this may be
quite easy, if not, they might be itnerested in what you put together for
the whole site.

My dad's getting married on Saturday (both of us engaged at the same time!
<grin>) so I'm a bit busy into next week (catchup) but I wanted to make
sure this list got created.

Also, I have invited people who expressed interest in doing translations
of the site to join us here.  I don't know if anyone has subscribed yet.

Thanks!

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."