web-hurd

Snapshot hurd at sf.net page (finnaly :) )

From: Frederico S. Muñoz
Subject: Snapshot hurd at sf.net page (finnaly :) )
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:27:07 +0000

Hello all.

I'm mailing a similar message later to Marcus, Fulgham and Eduardo because they
are the ones at the Sourceforege hurd page project, and I'll have to talk to
Eduardo because he is the contents man :)

Anyway, and after some delay, I'll upload today around 1/2AM (GMT) a snapshot
of my proposal for the Hurd page at Sourceforge; I'll be accepting all sorts of
criticisms then :)

Bear in mind that this is a snapshot, It will take an extra day to take care of
all the final details (make coherent css class names, fiddle with them a bit
more, some color things, logo placements, etc)

The top part is the one that I'm more insecure about, although I think it is
not to bad, you will see.

I'm releasing only the main page with all the links pointing to the present
sourceforge page; the page is very modular (i.e. tables and tables, but
degrades nicely in lynx), I was a bit inspired by the hurd 'boxes' logo when I
did it (I even had an idea bout inserting extra graphics to make the text boxes
connected, but that would be overkill for textmode browsers)

I did it all in Emacs, and it was the first time I used the nem SGML/HTML mode,
with the CSS mode attached; *very* good, I never felt so damned productive, It
was all made in there, not one hint of 'design mode'.

Because I'm a nice fellow I will still keep the 'vim powered' logo in there,
just to show that I don't hold a grudge with ppl using those things (lol).

So, I hope you like it... as I'm used to portals and such I don't know if I
made it too much like that (I tried not to).

That's all,
best regards,

fsm

--