web-hurd

Re: tasks and savannah

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: tasks and savannah
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:12:00 -0800 (PST)

> I once considered working in the TODO and tasks lists into Savannah, but I
> gave up because categorizing and working in the tasks is a lot of work.
> True, some categorizing is already in the files themselves, but then, some
> things in the task/TODO lists are not well contained individual tasks but
> either bugs or general principles, and often not even tasks for the Hurd,
> but for the GNU system in general.
>
> Of course, I only spent a couple of minutes before I gave up and did
> something that I considered more productive (maybe it was watching TV or so
> :)
> but in general, yes, we should use the task list, but if you talk about the
> Hurd tasks, then we need to add them to the Hurd project (and we can't give
> you access without giving access to CVS, which we probably don't want). ;-/

 I don't think it's a good idea for me to have cvs access, yet ;).

> How about using the Savannah tasks for web related tasks to get a feel how
> it works and what works best?
>
> Note: Editing the CVS files is much easier for us then logging into savannah
> and using the web interface.  Because we are lazy, we probably will stick to
> it for now anyway.  But we definitely want to utilize Savannah more
> (changing habits takes time though).
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

 Humm, if I had any clue about php I'd wonder if it would be possible to have
/cvsroot/hurd/hurd/tasks be the savannah task list.

 Well, I gave savannah task manager a try, but I couldn't figure out how to
give a task an owner.  Well I think I'll move this savannah tasks discussion to
savannah-hackers and see if they have any ideas.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU