web-hurd

Re: Webpages out of date :www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Webpages out of date :www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd
Date: 11 Nov 2003 19:11:27 +0100

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> We have discussed this issue many times online and there has been no
> real fix on this issue.
>
> Zeno has updated this webpage 2-3 years ago :
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd.html

I do agree this situation needs to change.  I see two options:

- Deleting the file

- Updating the file

Perhaps, if you send in a good patch, Marcus will like it and allow
someone to update the webpage.  Personally I would like some official
information on the Hurd webpage, but at the moment I don't have time
to write this (and it is not my opinions that counts!).

> And it is very high on google rank, and linked to by many pages:
>
> The page that is better is here :
> http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/l4hurd/ which is the same as
> http://www.nongnu.org/l4hurd/

This site is not official and the information on this page is
incorrect, AFAIK.  This was the old attempt to port the Hurd to L4.  I
hope this page will be changed or removed someday.  For the contents
of that page you should contacts it's maintainers.

The problem of the first URL (which redirects to the second) is that
is seems to be official to an outsider.

Thanks,
Marco