web-hurd

Re: Development news

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Development news
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:17:05 +0100 (MET)

   The NEWS file is only for stuff that happens in the Hurd in CVS.

Maybe we could use it for Hurd releated news.  On second thoughts,
probobly better leave it for only changes related to the Hurd.

   How about things like Ognyans's ext2fs work or GNUMach, etc?

If they get incoperated into the CVS, then obviously they should be
mentioned in the NEWS file.

   Perhaps it would be even nice to mention if something like the
   newest XFree is ported or fixed to work with GNU/Hurd, etc.  Or
   things like coreutils supporting the extra Hurd bits.  That would
   be nice because people don't look at all those sites to find out if
   it has support for the Hurd.  But this part is perhaps a stupid
   idea... :P

I like that idea.

To be lazy we could just copy the entries from the NEWS file in the
Hurd--when they get updated--into the Development News section (or
whatever it shall be called).  And also note anything remotly related
to the Hurd, like fixed bugs, etc.

Cheerio.