web-hurd

Re: Hurd FAQ

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Hurd FAQ
Date: 21 Jan 2004 21:02:53 +0100

Frédéric HENRY <address@hidden> writes:

> > Always send patches, that way one can see what got changed and in what
> > way, and comment on specific bits without having to weed thru the
> > whole thing.
>
> Fine, here it is, then.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your great work!  This looks really great.

In the FAQ you said:

+GNU Mach 2.0 (a.k.a. OSKit-Mach) is usable by now, and should soon be
+the default microkernel at install, but some things are still missing
+(or not working), such as the new console's vga client, XFree86, ...
+That's why OSKit-mach and GNU Mach 1.3 currently coexist.  More
+information is available at:

Are you about all this?  I have used the new console on GNU Mach 2.0
and it works. (Not perfectly, are some small problems with the
keyboard driver in OSKIT or in Mach...).  If it does not work for you,
please report a bug.

Same for XFree86, are you sure it does not work?  Well, I have not
tested XFree so you can be right.  I'm just asking to be sure. :)

Thanks,
Marco