web-hurd

Re: Hurd FAQ

From: Frédéric HENRY
Subject: Re: Hurd FAQ
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:20:00 +0100

The Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:01:03 +0100 (MET),
Alfred M. Szmidt sent:

>    +the default microkernel at install, but some things are still
>    missing+(or not working), such as the new console's vga client,
>    XFree86, ...
>
> I think it should be: s/console's/consoles/, but not I'm sure.

I think that it is the client of the console, so the console's client,
but english is not my native language, so neither I am :)

>    +`-u' to GNU diff).  It is helpful for us if you also use the `-p'
>    option+which includes information about the function changed by a
>    patch.+Changes that are similar can be grouped together in one
>    file, but+unrelated changes should be sent in separate files.  The
>    patches can be+included in the message or as a MIME attachment.
>    They should not be+compressed and/or archived unless they are very
>    large, and if they are+very large it is probably better to store
>    them on-line at some place and+only send an URL.
>
>     Write a ChangeLog entry for each change, following the format of
>     the existing files.  Here is an example:
>
> I would suggest that we just refer to the GNU Coding Standards.

By "just", do you mean instead of the ChangeLog part or instead of the
whole question ?

>    - vim:ts=8:sw=8:tw=72
>
> I don't see the point in removing that.

I don't remember either, 'guess I'll put it back :)

> Cheers.

Thanks! (for the rest of your comments, i'll update the FAQ as soon as
possible)