web-hurd

Re: Started German website translation

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Started German website translation
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:57:28 +0100 (MET)

   > Great!!!  I'll try to commit it ASAP (sighs, the list of things
   > to add is growing quite rapidly...).  Marcus, do you have any
   > comments about this? You are fluent in German I belive.

   Would be quite strange if he wasn't ;-)

I don't keep track of who speaks what, and he is after all the
maintainer of the pages, so he has the last word.

   > Not really.  But I'll be that such a patch would be loved by us
   > all.  I'm not totally familiar with CSS, but wouldn't this be
   > possible if that was used?  If not, a simple way to shove the
   > header stuff into the file, would be to add a magic string to
   > each file, and then do a simple search-and-replace.
   > Hmmm... Maybe the time-stamps on each page would get screwd
   > up...  Anyway, I think the idea is worth thinking about, and even
   > implementing.

   I'll make a proposal (a proof of concept implementation) over the
   next days.

Goodie, maybe you could take a peek at Macro's suggested version of
this by using make and cpp?

Cheers.