web-hurd

French translations proposition for GNU's webpages

From: cebelab°
Subject: French translations proposition for GNU's webpages
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 02:07:49 +0200

Hi GNUs!

Firstly, sorry to disturb these email adresses, but I don't know where
to send my request... If it's not good ones, please just redirect me.

So, I'm a young french programmer, very GNU's enthusiast (I mean real
GNU OS, with Hurd/GNU Mach as servers/kernel), and I would like to take
part of it as far as it's possible for me...

At this time, I think I don't have required skills to take active part
in the system developpment... Indeed, I'm quite new in the world of free
softwares dev., but I hope I'll have a quick progress...

But as I often have to visit GNU website, to inform me on Hurd, Mach
etc, I've seen that Hurd webpages don't have french translations (only
English/Hebrew/Polish/Spanish here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html), so if FSF/GNU/Hurd team are
interested, and if nobody previously started translations, I would be
happy to do its in my spare time! In addition, this operation could help
me in many ways: getting my english to become better, getting my Hurd &
Mach comprehension becoming better, etc...

I won't promise you an immediate translation for tomorrow, because I
have some work too, and actually hardly searching for a job, but I think
I'm serious and perfectionist so the quality of the job is assured (even
if I do some english mistakes when writing, I've a good understanding of
it, and a very correct french). Therefore, the tasks should be done in
few weeks.

So if you're interrested, just let me know and I'll get the work
started... In this case, please let me know if you have specificals
working methods about web translation, and how to proceed (if I need to
send translations in HTML file, or in plain text files, and how to
present its, how to organize my trees and what's preferred format for
archives etc...)

Thanks, regards,

cebelab° - 23 - France