wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] balancing proposal

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] balancing proposal
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 02:19:23 +0200

I think it really is a good idea that someone used to the mp-mode is
willing to take over this hard task. I think improving the balancing
in MP-mode is very improtant. So I think it will be very good if
someone (why not two persons) takes over this task.
The changes you proposed in your mail do not look bad to me. Though
you should also concern balancing not only via the units costs, but
also via their resistances, movement points and defence values. But I
am sure you will be able to find a good way for improving this stuff.
I think it is really great to have such experienced mp-players doing
this job.
I also like the idea of at least involving all the guys concerned to
the changes. This way everyone should be able to adjust the stuff in
the correct way. But please do not keep it in a state of arguing. This
will not help it. You should really be able to stand up and say "This
is the thing to do, to get it more balanced!" Some discussions are
fine, especially for gathering ideas, but you do need to find a
solution.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic