wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] MP eras for 1.0

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] MP eras for 1.0
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:15:25 +0200

I just found another problem in the MP-mode. I think it will be very
hard (not to say impossible) to ballance all the eras. I think all the
balancing has recently been concentrated on the default era. I think
this is a good thing. But the other eras are really not ballanced. I
also think it is not really possible to make all the eras balanced
with the normal unit stats.
I think we should only ship the default era with 1.0 and make the
other ones "extra content" on the campaign server. Maybe we could
include a fairly balanced Age of Heroes, but some time has to be taken
for this. That is the only one that can *maybe* be balanced only with
correct amounts of gold, though it will be much work.
How do you think about this?
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic