wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] KISS Solution to user campaign stability problems

From: Guillaume Melquiond
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] KISS Solution to user campaign stability problems
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:12:07 +0200

On 6/27/05, David White <address@hidden> wrote:
> >This seems to support silene's statement on IRC that
> >config corruption is occurring.
> >

> I'm afraid I can't see where the corruption he speaks of is occurring.
> He said that the problem is the default_defines_ map is re-used every
> time, and never cleared, but default_defines_ is a member of
> preprocessor_streambuf, and as far as I can see, a new
> preprocessor_streambuf instance is created every time a pre-processor
> parse is done.
>
> Silene, can you please clarify what the problem is?

Sorry,  at that time, I only had a few minutes available on IRC, and I
didn't have the patch to verify, so I got a bit confused in explaining
what the problem was. So, to sumarize, the defines_map has to be
cleared between each preprocessing, otherwise macro definitions leak
from one preprocessing to the other. See Invisible Philosopher's patch
#4138; he encountered the problem too, and with this one-liner patch,
it should be a lot easier to understand.

I may have a bit of an Internet connection this week and my
development computers are available, so I will try to see if there is
a problem with final newline in user campaigns and what it is.