wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] KISS Solution to user campaign stability problems

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] KISS Solution to user campaign stability problems
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 09:30:02 -0500

Guillaume Melquiond wrote:

On 6/27/05, David White <address@hidden> wrote:
This seems to support silene's statement on IRC that
config corruption is occurring.

I'm afraid I can't see where the corruption he speaks of is occurring.
He said that the problem is the default_defines_ map is re-used every
time, and never cleared, but default_defines_ is a member of
preprocessor_streambuf, and as far as I can see, a new
preprocessor_streambuf instance is created every time a pre-processor
parse is done.

Silene, can you please clarify what the problem is?

Sorry,  at that time, I only had a few minutes available on IRC, and I
didn't have the patch to verify, so I got a bit confused in explaining
what the problem was. So, to sumarize, the defines_map has to be
cleared between each preprocessing, otherwise macro definitions leak
from one preprocessing to the other. See Invisible Philosopher's patch
#4138; he encountered the problem too, and with this one-liner patch,
it should be a lot easier to understand.
Okay, I see what you mean and have applied the patch.

David