wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] String freeze for 1.0 and release 0.9.4

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] String freeze for 1.0 and release 0.9.4
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:26:38 +0200

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 06:36:27PM -0500, David White wrote:
> I think that we need to freeze strings very very soon.

The unit description rewrite that Jetryl, Noy and I are working on
is progressing well.  After 0.9.4 there are another 22 of Jetryl's
human descriptions waiting to be committed, as well as Noy's new Drake
descriptions.  This should be finished in the next short while, and then
the most common descriptions will all have been reviewed and revised.
There are a few special units left that have poor descriptions, but
these are the exception.

I was hoping to see the last two TDH scenarios from Circon by now, but
he seems to have been whisked off for a holiday.  Since the bulk of the
campaign exists and has been widely translated, would it be possible
to wait a little while longer before freezing the strings for just
this textdomain?

In addition, benj wanted to add a few more strings to the last SotBE
scenario, to help balance it -- this is perhaps less crucial, since the
campaign is at least complete, and it may be possible to reuse some
existing strings from earlier scenarios in the campaign to achieve
this goal.

The feature freeze has demonstrated that the code itself is very stable
in terms of strings.  The next big reshuffle is to put in the textdomain
#ifdef's into the various code files, in the process moving most of the
wesnoth code strings into wesnoth-lib.  I would like to hear yann's yay
or nay on this before I start the process, since he looked at this last.

-- address@hidden