wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] about.cpp and the string freeze

From: Richard Kettering
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] about.cpp and the string freeze
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:51:36 -0500

On Aug 2, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Jordà Polo wrote:
Any suggestions to improve about before it is too late?

For what I'm about to say - it _is_ too late. This is not really a suggestion for 1.0, this is sort of a ... pipe dream, if you will:

For all the "big" contributors, rather than listing them in separate sections (although they would be put in a logical order), I think it might be better to list all the things they did after their name, and list all of them first. I also think it would be neat to let them each use an image to represent themselves, not unlike: http:// cedricduval.free.fr/wesnoth/a_day_in_wesnoth_world.png

The separate sections would really be repurposed as collection bins for "minor contributors" - people who should be mentioned because they did *something*, but who did very little (often forum regulars, such as XJapan). It introduces a sticky question of where to draw that line, but the question should really only be dubious for a few people, and if they want to tip the scales, they can make more stuff. :P Also, it's possible that we could give minor-but- significant contributors in special areas their own icons, or even give them to everyone, if they want one. It also really wouldn't hurt to have on record just what it is that these people did.

An image describing what I mean is here: http://www.stolaf.edu/ people/ketterin/wesnoth/credits-demo.png (my apologies for misrepresenting people, stating accomplishments incorrectly, etc. - this is just a "concept sketch," if you will)

Not really a feature for 1.0, but it might be nice to have.

someday...