xbindkeys-devel

Re: [Xbindkeys-devel] Binding stops working after layout change

From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: Re: [Xbindkeys-devel] Binding stops working after layout change
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 20:01:51 +0100

Alberto Sánchez Molero writes:

> Hello, I'm having a little annoying problem when using xbindkeys. After
> switching from Spanish to Finnish or US keyboard layout, my binding stops
> working. When I switch back to Spanish, it works again.

Hello. Can you check your binding with xev?

Something like this (without xbindkeys running):

$ xev |grep -i button

Try your button with different layout and check the output to see if
something change between layout. (you may have to remove the grep if
the output is not sufficient).

[... Snip useful information ...]

Regards,

Philippe