[XBoard-devel] Patch for autoconf 2.58

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Patch for autoconf 2.58
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:51:09 -0200

Hi.  After losing a lot of tedius gettext work due to a power failure,
I decided to, from now on, carefully save every change to the XBoard
code =)

I plan to deal with gettext support in XBoard first, then WinBoard
(after all, the code is shared).  However, I had problems building
XBoard, probably because of the old-style configure.in.

I don't know if there is interest in updating to the newer version of
autoconf ("if it ain't broke..."), but in any case I did it.  While I
was there I added some simple checks for Xaw.  The patch is available
at http://fantomas.inf.ufpr.br/src/xboard-autoconf.patch.gz .

Btw, it seems the flex input file is outdated too (it needs the
"flex-old" package in Debian sid).  Unfortunately I don't grok flex
and can't help with it.

--
Leonardo Boiko @
the chessd team