[XBoard-devel] Vacation

From: Tim Mann
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Vacation
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:20:15 -0800

Hi, folks.  Don't expect much from me for the next three weeks or so.
I'm going to be out of town on vacation from Dec 24 to Jan 3, and I'll
be busy before I leave and after I come back with preparations and
catching up.

I will try to check on mail from time to time and take care of any
emergencies.

I think it will be OK for folks to check in i18n stuff to Savannah if it
comes back up while I'm gone.  Daniel also has a lot of changes he'd
like to check in.  As I understand it, Daniel's stuff is only done for
WinBoard so far and the i18n is only done for xboard, so we need to
correct that.  At the very least, changes to the common files should not
break the build of either program.  It would be best if folks could make
sure that both programs build before they check changes in.  (Even if
you have only a Windows machine, you can download the Cygwin toolkit
from www.cygwin.com and use it to build xboard for Windows.  XBoard will
build with Cygwin, and it will run under the X server for Windows that
comes with Cygwin.)

I haven't had time to look at the i18n work and form an opinion about
how best to deal with the winboard.rc file.  I'll try to do that when I
get back.  One approach would be to handle the strings that are embedded
in C code with gettext but handle the winboard.rc file separately.  It
may also be worth checking whether the MSVC resource editor GUI can deal
with the file after it's been gettext-ized.  What do other folks who use
gettext on Windows programs do about rc files?

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/