Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard installer

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard installer
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:07:52 -0700

Hi

> [windows installer]

how would the installer work, would you select some options and then the
installer would download those files online and install them or would we
provide separate installers for each option? In any case, how do we need
to supply those files, can we have them on a ftp-server or would a
web-server work too?

Also how much work will it be to create and maintain those installers.

Guess these are more technical issues, but some of them might influence
how much fine-tuning we want to allow. As far as providing small files
or larger ones: is that still an issue nowadays with hard drives being
quite big... I'm not sure if we need to worry about the size of files
too much.

ARUN