Re: [XBoard-devel] Plans for 4.4.2

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Plans for 4.4.2
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:14:48 -0800

Hi

h.g. muller wrote:

>> > 6) Settings file
>
> If we decide that the format of the options in the settings file
> should be the same as that of winboard.ini, then we can
> simply use the existing WinBoard code to parse the file.

since I'm not that familiar with that syntax I can't really say much...
I think though that in the long run having a common syntax file via e.g.
GKeyfiles that is also used by other programs might be an advantage.
Since GKeyfiles looks apperently a lot like ini-files, is that similar
to what Winboard is using anyway at the moment?

As long as the command line options goes, I'm also not familiar with the
winboard one, but I do like getopt ;) and am used to "-" for short
options and "--" for long options, but I have no idea if this is the
same on windows...

cheers
      ARUN