Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard sources missing

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard sources missing
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:21:10 +0100

Why don't we just call it 4.4.1, and 4.4.1.1? This conforms with windows versioning, and keeps everything numeric.

Well, we should perhaps make a distinction between new XBoard versions,
and new packaging (tar balls or installers). The a, b, c is good for the
package numbering.

By studying the sources I discovered a bad bug, btw. I noted that
pasing a FEN simulates the EditPosition menu, by calling
EditPosition() and EditPositionDone(). I had not anticipated that.
So I put code in EditPositionDone() to fake castling rights,
as the user cannot enter those. But the faked castling rights
now overwrite those of the FEN. This bug was masked in
XBoard, but the wrog castling rights were sent to the engine.

If we make a new tar ball, shal we also put a new WinBoard in it,
with a fix for this bug?