Re: [XBoard-devel] gcc warnings

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gcc warnings
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:23:21 +0200

Den 16-04-2012 15:17, h.g. muller skrev:

I just removed the 9 warnings of type unused-but-set-variable and the 2 warnings of type unused-function that would be enabled by Arun's proposal in the master branch. I totally cannot see how these removals make the code more unreadable.

Perhaps that is because they have nothing to do with the 'no-parentheses' warnings?

"-Wno-parentheses" means that warnings suggesting parentheses which were otherwise enabled by -Wall are turned off. So what Arun suggested was to enable the suite of warnings enabled by -Wall except for warnings about parentheses.

Generally -Wno-somethning will turn off warnings of type -Wsomething.