[XBoard-devel] Fwd: C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Fwd: C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:26:15 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joshua Pettus <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?
Date: January 12, 2016 at 8:25:34 AM EST
To: "H.G. Muller" <address@hidden>

I use to use to use winboard on wine with OSX to run windows engines, as part of a wineskin environment.  Now I’ve been running the engines directly with wine when I call them with OSX xboard, which is a lot simpler for me.  The mingw dev environment should be installed when installing the mingw compiler, else the compiler is useless for any other project as well.    I don’t think it needs to be included with winboard.

For the record, I use this script to set it up mingw with macports’ gcc on OSX.

I’m sure it can be modified to work with apt-get or yum,  although the linux tools may already have a working mingw setup already.

Josh