[XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:39:01 +0200

I pushed a what's-new page for XBoard 4.9.0 to the www branch.
I also finished reorganizing the texi file in such a way that the large
majority of dialog items gives a sensible help popup.

I also finished the EPD test-suite capability I had started implementing
last year (-epd option). I hadn't really planned doing that for 4.9.0, but
as it happened people were requesting it at the same time I had some
hours to kill because of bad weather in my Easter holiday bungalow.
As all the code changes this required are in if(appData.epd) statements,
I guess there is no chance at all this breaks something, while the
feature itself seems to work (at least to the satisfaction of the person
requesting it). So we might as well put it in 4.9.0. Problem is that it
prints two new strings in the Engine Output window for reporting
the result (score and average solving time), which could be internation-
alized. We don't seem to internationalize other strings in the Engine-
Output window either, though, so for now we can it just leave them
untranslated.

I also fixed displaying of the premove highlights, which the rewrite of
the XBoard board drawing had broken. It is slightly worrying that it
took me so long to discover this.

Anyway, I seem to have caught a few last-minutes bugs, and pushed
everything I had to Savannah after syncing with it.