Re: [XForms] skin packages for XForms?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] skin packages for XForms?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:32:35 +0100

Hi Alessandro,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 03:21:13PM +0100, alessandro basili wrote:
> I'm using XForms since a couple of years and in my group there
> hasn't been a real interest in changing the aspect of the interfaces
> because a lot of efforts have been put into consistency and
> simplicity.
>
> I'm just wondering whether in the community there are people who
> have worked out an easy way to modify aspect parameters in order to
> have a nicer appearance.

I am not aware that there would be any code out there that would
allow to do "skinning" of a XForms application, at least no sup-
port is built into XForms (and it would probably be rather dif-
ficult to achieve that given the way it was written, long before
anybody came up with the idea of "skinning"), sorry.

The only thing you can do is change the border width using the
'-bw' option, and, of course, some aspects can be configured
via resource settings.

But perhaps someone else has some god ideas how something like
"skinning" can be achieved...
                                Best regards, Jens