Re: [XForms] Reg: how to start(for creation of forms in xforms toolkit)

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Reg: how to start(for creation of forms in xforms toolkit)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:01:19 +0100

Hello Srividhya,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 05:47:26PM +0530, sri vidhya wrote:
> am srividhya working as JRF in NIC... I like to use xforms toolkit...and an
> new to this but i have a experience in xforms with plugin approach... so can
> u pls tell me how to create form in xforms toolkit...and how to start...and
> how to install....

I'm not sure if the XForms toolkit is what you're looking for when
you write that "i have a experience in xforms with plugin approach"
This sounds a bit as if you're interested into the XForms web form
generation with XML etc. But "our" XForms toolkit is something com-
pletely different, it's a toolkit for the X Windows system, i.e. a
library that allows you to generate GUI applications for (mostly)
UNIX systems. The names are unfortunately the same since those
guys from W3C picked the same name that was already used for a
decade for the XForms toolkit - which leads to a bit of confusion
from time to time.

Should Xforms be what you're interested in then installing isn't
too complicated: download the sources from the "Download Area"
of the Savannah page of the project:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/xforms

After you have unpacked the package run

./configure --enable-demos
make
make install

(for the last command you need root permissions) and you're
all set to start developing programs with XForms. At the down-
load area there's also the documentation (in both PDF and HTML
format) to be found - or go to

http://xforms-toolkit.org/doc/

And in the sources you will also find a subdirectory called
'demos' which contains quite a number of relatively simple
example programs.
                            Best regards, Jens