Re: [XForms] Reg: how to start(for creation of forms in xforms toolkit)

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Reg: how to start(for creation of forms in xforms toolkit)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:02:23 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 07:05:08PM +0530, sri vidhya wrote:
> am using kubuntu 8.04 o.s and i have unpacked the package and i ran
> ./configure --enable-demos command its working...thn i gave
> make it will show the error

What error? Without knowing that I have no idea what the
problem might be. By the way, Ubuntu has an ready-to-install
package for XForms (libforms-dev is probably what you need)
although a rather ancient one when you still use 8.04...

> (i had downloded the package is
> xforms.latest_stable.tar.gz)....so am not able to proceed ...
> and tell me what we have to do after installing...

Well, XForms is a library, so you write programs using that
library. What you exactly need to do depend so much on what
you want to achieve that the question can't be answered any
better I fear. I would recommend that you take a look at the
documentation to find out how programs using the library are
to be written. Here's the probably most simple one which
generates a window with just a single button, labeled "OK":

#include <forms.h>

int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
{
    FL_FORM *form;
    fl_initialize( &argc, argv, 0, 0, 0 );
    form = fl_bgn_form( FL_UP_BOX, 230, 160 );
    fl_add_button( FL_NORMAL_BUTTON, 40, 50, 150, 60, "OK" );
    fl_end_form();

    fl_show_form( form, FL_PLACE_MOUSE, FL_NOBORDER, "Hello, world!" );
    fl_do_forms();
    fl_hide_form(form);
    fl_finish();
    return 0;
}

Once you click on that button the window gets closed and
the program ends. Perhaps you can use that to start expe-
rimenting with other features of the library.

                               Regards, Jens