Re: [XForms] Guile bindings

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Guile bindings
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 01:59:20 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 06:32:29PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> In the Xforms documentation[1], there is mention of bindings for
> GUILE (a GNU implementation of Scheme) by Johannes Leveling. My web
> search has failed to turn up any links to code for that project and
> I was wondering if anyone knew more about this, or perhaps had an
> archive of the software.

The part in the documentation you are refering to unfortunately
is from the preface from about ten years ago. And even then it
states "As of this writing, the authors are aware of the follo-
wing bindings", so even then things may have been a bit outdated.
I personally (as one of the maintainers since 2008) don't know
about this Guile binding, but then I didn't do any research into
this.

A quick Google search came up with Johannes Leveling's website

http://pi7.fernuni-hagen.de/leveling/

were he lists his Guile binding for XForms under the heading of
"Software and Projects (mostly of historical interest)" and when
you look for the sub-topic "SForms" you will find a working link
for the tarball.

http://pi7.fernuni-hagen.de/leveling/software/sforms-0.88.tgz

But it seems to be for the 0.88(b) version of XForms, which is out-
dated by quite a number of years. I don't know how much interest you
have got into this but the Guile binding is distributed under the GPL,
so you could try to bring it up-to-date. If you do so be assured that
I will try to help as far as I can, but keep in mind that I have no ex-
perience with Guile at all, so all I might contribute would probably
be restricted to information about what has changed in XForms in the
last few years and some explanations on how it works internally.

                             Best regards, Jens