Re: [XForms] axes coords in XYPlot

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] axes coords in XYPlot
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:23:47 +0200

Hi Michael,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 05:11:52PM +0200, Michal Szymanski wrote:
> I thought it should be trivial but it seems not to be so. Unless I am
> missing something hidden.
>
> set/get x/ybounds routines deal with data clipping. Surely, the XYPlot axes
> do change then also but due to tic rounding (which is mentioned in the
> manual) the clipping values are not the same as axes coords.
>
> Is there a way to get X,Y coords of the XYPlot axes? With the auto-adjusted
> margins this seems to be a tricky thing to get without digging into some
> internals. And, obviously, the library must have these values.

Sorry for not being able to answer yet, the xyplot object is
really not one of the easiest to understand;-) There are that
many scale factors and cases involved that I haven't yet un-
derstood what's going on in there yet (and there also seem
to luk some bugs someone else has reported). I'm still in
the process of trying to find my way through the whole mess.

So, due to my lack of understanding of what's going on in there
(and perhaps also misunderstanding your question): did you try
to use fl_get_xyplot_xmapping() and fl_get_xyplot_ymapping()
and use just the last argument? As far as I understand it at
the moment, these should be the x and y screen coordinates of
the origin of the axes system.
                                 Best regards, Jens