Re: [XForms] Bug in fdesign

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Bug in fdesign
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:23:45 +0100

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:11:01PM +0000, Paul wrote:
> I see the cause of the problem now.
>
> The clipping is done by the GC.
>
> Ordinary text in the tbox component of the browser is drawn
> using a GC correctly set up for the tbox.
>
> But the separator lines are drawn by a call to fl_drw_text().
> This function doesn't use the tbox GC, instead it uses a global
> one called flx->gc.
>
> Hence the separator line doesn't get clipped.
>
> Only if the tbox text row that contains the separator is
> completely out of the tbox bounds so that fl_drw_text() is
> not called at all, then it is ok.
>
> Not sure of the solution, other than to modify fl_drw_text()
> to pass down a GC (or NULL) for the lower functions to use.
> If a NULL is passed, it would use flx->gc by default.

Since you have done already all the necessary diagnostics
I guess the real hard work is already done by you! Finding
the therapy should be quite a bit easier;-) Should you feel
like doing also that I won't try to stop you, but you can
also leave it to me. The only problem is that I'm fighting
with Qt to do the right thing since several days and I can't
forsee when I'm done with beating it into submission. And
before I'm finished with that I probably won't have to time
(nor enough of whatever may be left of my patience;-) to
take a closer look at this browser issue...

               Thank you and best regards, Jens