Re: [XForms] How to do animated pixmap objects

From: Serge Bromow
Subject: Re: [XForms] How to do animated pixmap objects
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 11:13:05 -0400

Hi Gents,

On 05/18/2014 08:02 AM, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
There's no such function. Wouldn't be the simplest solution to split your pximap from the first example into 5, each with 100x100 pixels and, instead of changing the y-offset, simply call fl_set_pixmapbutton_data() with the new pixmap to be shown? That sounds to me a lot simpler than a new function for setting an offset. Splitting up the exis- ting xpm file should be relatively straight forward with programs like 'convert' from Image-Magick. Best regards, Jens

I wonder if refreshing of a new pixmap on a button would be responsive enough. I have not tried it. The offset approach is common on web pages and skins like XineGui. Maybe Show/Hide Buttons with preloaded maps would be faster if an offset is not practical.

Just a thought,

Serge